July 23, 2008

Dear Parents......

Well things have been crazy at the Brown's house. If you read my previous post, and have seen us in public you know why. With 5 kids at home, it has been an absolute zoo. We have toys everywhere, people everywhere, clothes everywhere, bottles everywhere.... I'm sure you are getting the picture. It's been wild. We really need to get some order to our house soon. Tyler is really struggling with our situation right now. He wrote us a note and it started out like this, "Dear Parents." Well, it wasn't Dear Mom and Dad, Dear Loved Ones, nope it was Dear Parents. He basically told us he was stressed out and frustrated with how our lives have changed over the past week. Quentin and I are really focusing on teaching the kids that we all have to sacrifice to take care of these 2 precious boys. We have stressed that this is what families do for each other. We step up and we help out. It has been a challenge, but we have really enjoyed having our nephews in our house. I pray for Tyler to find peace and comfort during this tough time. I pray that he sees that family is so important and that we need to take care of these children as if they were our own. I pray that each of my kids sees that the bond of family is so strong that we will open our lives up to help each other out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I think you guys are doing a wonderful job and I agree 100% that family helps family. And that also goes for Walt and I! If you need anything, let us know. Love you much, Kathy

~renay~ said...

We love you guys!!

Kari said...

God Bless you guys... I know that things may be tough for a while, but I truly beleive that Tyler will understand that glue that holds a family together is love...and sometimes love is tough.

Carri said...

Girl, you are amazing! I think that what you have done for those boys in the short time you have had them will be life changing! I will be praying for Tyler and hope that Caden feels that comfortable to come to use if he EVER feels like that! We love you guys and we are praying for the whole family!