May 24, 2008

Really???? 12 Already???

My Tyler is 12. Can that really be true??? We have an official preteen. Really?? Tyler celebrated his 12th birthday on Wednesday May 21st. He was born at 6:31 PM at St Anthony's Hospital. He weighed in at 6 lbs 13 ozs and was 19 1/2 inches long. He had a beautiful conehead (ha ha) after keeping me in labor 10 1/2 hours. He was born 10 days before I graduated High School. He had black hair. He was precious. I remember looking at him and thinking what am I (being only 18 years old) going to do with this little boy? We have been through so much together and I can't even begin to describe what our bond is like. He is starting to go through puberty and it scares me. He is getting acne, black facial hair, and let's not forget the teenager attitude of knowing it all. Even through all of this he's still my sweet little baby Tyler. Quentin and I are so proud of the person he is. He is so mature, so well behaved, and so intelligent. Quentin misses bouncing him on his knee to put him to sleep. They love each other so much. Quentin is getting to be the Dad he never had, and it is such a blessing to watch. I can't explain the bond that Quentin and Tyler have, but I've never seen a little boy love his Daddy so much. God has really blessed us. I could go on and on, but I won't. Happy 12th Birthday Ty. We all love you so much.

3 comments:

Keri said...

What a sweet post Amanda. I think I am going to stop counting birthdays next year. 6 is as far as I want my kids to grow up...

Carri said...

You guys are so lucky..Tyler is an amazing boy. You two hae done a great job at raising him. I hope that my boys we will be as respectful and loveing as he is. Happy Birthday Tyler

~renay~ said...

Happy Birthday TYLER!~! He is such an awesome boy...:-)))