August 13, 2008

Frustration and a Prayer

Where do I even start??? My sister is driving me crazy. I really thought that this time she really wanted to turn her life around, start over, and really do something. As most of you know, my nephews came to live with us for a few weeks. My sister then came to get them. While she was here, we met with Randall. Randall prayed over her and really encouraged her to look to God for answers on whether or not she needed to be where she was at or if she needed to move back here. He prayed for clear signs. Well, within 24 hours we had already found her a job (it was a sure thing) and had worked it out that she would come stay with us for a while. So she decided to head back home on Tuesday with the intent of coming back here to live on Friday. Well, Friday comes and goes. No sister. Saturday comes and goes....No sister. Sunday comes and goes....No sister. Monday, she calls crying about how she is down to one diaper and just can't stay another night there. She really wants to come back here where she can get some help and be around family. So again, Quentin and I rush out send her the very last of the money we have in our checking account. We talk to her again and she says she would be leaving in a few hours to come back here. After talking with her we both decided that maybe it wouldn't be such a great idea for her to drive in the dark. She has just started some new meds that make her really tired. So she tells me to text her when I'm leaving my house on Tuesday to wake her up. So I did and she calls me right back. She says that she is going to get the boys ready and run to her storage unit and then leave town to head back here. Well several hours go by and no call. I sent her a text with my 800 number on it so that it wouldn't cost her or anyone else if she called me. Still nothing. She then calls me at 3:00 on Tuesday saying that she would be leaving in an hour and she would call before she left. Well guess what.....no call. Late last night I get a call saying she was going to leave at Midnight and would be here by 5:00 when I would be getting out of bed. She even said that she would just knock on our door to wake us when she got here so that we didn't have to leave the door unlocked. Well, I told her we would just leave it unlocked. All night I tossed and turned worried to death about her. At 5:00 I jumped up out of the bed, ran to the living room and nothing... I have sent her several text messages and still nothing. For some reason she can receive a text, but can't make calls from her phone. Frustration.... What do I do? I've prayed and prayed and asked for guidance on this whole situation. I know that I still need to give it over to God. I just don't get it. How can she just not show and just not call. Not only am I worried but so many of my friends are. Randall has called several times to see what was up and every time I just tell him, "I just don't know." Please pray for her. Pray for conviction on her heart. Pray for us to have understanding and show my sister the grace shown for us. We truely love her and want to help her. I would give anything to make sure she was taken care of and that she doesn't hurt.

Father God, we just adore you and thank you daily for the grace and compassion that you show us each day. We pray that Shena and the boys are okay and that you show her where you want her. We pray that you guide her and that she listens to you. We pray that you teach us to have the compassion that you have. We pray for understanding in this matter. Father God, thank you. Thank you for your love and mercy. In your son's precious name, Amen.

2 comments:

~renay~ said...

No words could ever tell you how much I hate this for you and your family. We have been praying non-stop for answers from God, as well as, from her. We will continue to pray for God's loving arms to be wrapped around you all..He will see you through all of this! We have a wonderful, mighty, powerful and loving God that will not give us more than we can handle. You guys are amazing in your strenght to endure all of this. God will continue to bless you in all that you do because of your sweet and loving spirit. We love you all and want you to know that we will always be here for you guys.

Kari said...

I don't know what to say other than I know that GOD will see this through to the end... he always does... the hard part about that is that sometimes... it isn't what we want. I will definitley pray fro clarity and endurance...because I feel like you are going to need extra strength now too. GOD BLESS!