August 22, 2008

Seeking Guidance From Above

Well, so much has happened over the past week or two. I haven't had time to sit down and post anything so I decided that I would do it right now while I had a minute.

1. Shena, Jaelun, and Jorden have arrived back at our house. We got a call at 3:00 am (that's right 3:00 am) on Monday. It was Shena. She had run out of gas on the far side of Bushland near the rest stop. So I wake Quentin up and off we go. We got them filled up with gas and back home we went. So you might ask what guidance we need.....

A. We need guidance from above on how to handle this situation in the most loving and caring way that we can. We love Shena and the boys and want nothing more than to see them taken care of.

B. Financially we are not in the position to support them right now. Shena has had an interview and hopefully will start working next week.

C. We need to heal this relationship. We need to mend the trust issues and the hurt feelings in this relationship. We love each other dearly and want nothing more than to become the sisters to each other that we've always wanted.

2. My second issue that I am seeking guidance for is my role at church.

A. Keri called me to ask if I wanted to teach upstairs. UPSTAIRS????? I have wanted to do this, but was really intimidated by the thought of actually teaching kids who might actually ask me a question. Well this is my opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and dive in. I have to say that I'm really excited and I can't wait to see what God has in store for me. I know that this will be a huge blessing to me. I'm scared to death!!!!

B. I have felt very led to pursue some type of volunteer activity out in the community. I want to go out and share the love I feel from God with other people. I am searching for the perfect opportunity to do this. I have had several suggestions and thoughts. I know that God will provide me with the perfect answer. This is also out of my comfort zone.

3. My next issue is my job. I love my clients, and the people I work with directly. It's everything else that I am struggling with. I have been here almost 11 years and I just don't know what to think about things now. Of course we are going through a merger, and it's emotionally draining. There are days that I don't even want to get out of bed. This is not like me at all. I have felt that God was leading me away from my job for a while now. What to do, what to do?

4. My last issue is with Brayden. He will be having surgery in December. He has a thyroglossal duct cyst and a brachial cleft cyst. He will be having them removed along with his tonsils. This is great in the fact that when he gets sick, he will no longer get the huge knot on his neck. However, he is my baby and I'm scared. I just want to make sure this is the right thing to do. The other good note on this is that there is a CHANCE that his ADHD will be better after removing his tonsils. Wouldn't that be a HUGE blessing??!!!

I pray for clarity and guidance. I pray for peace and comfort.

2 comments:

Carri said...

I am praying all of those things for you! You are such a caring and loving person and I know that God will guide you in the right direction! I will also be praying for Brayden...I know how scary it is to think of your baby having surgery! Thanks for being an amazing friend!!

Kathy said...

If you truly listen to the holy spirit in you...and nothing else, you will find where you fit in and will blossom!
Kathy