July 29, 2007

Great Weekend

What a great weekend we've had!!!!!!

Friday - Friday night I played Bunko at Keri's house. I had such a great time learning how to play and meeting some awesome women from church. I can't wait until next month to play again. Keri's house is so beautiful and great for entertaining. I think Gracelyn and I made a connection and I can't wait to see her again also. What a beautiful little girl and with so much attitude!!!! I can't imagine where that came from (Aunt Renay)!!! Just kidding. Both of the boys were so cute and the baby was just a bundle of joy. Thanks Renay, Keri, and Kathy. I had a wonderful time. I'm so glad you are part of our lives. Quentin played softball Friday night and the team he plays on won both games. I'm so glad he is doing something that he truely enjoys.

Saturday - Saturday morning we got up and went to sign Tyler up for WTYFL football. I can't believe it's time for football again. Tyler loves to play and we love to watch him. He will start practices on Monday at 6:00 and so that means we will be a practice nearly every night for the next 3 1/2 months. I know it will be a challenge, but we love it. Candy's color guard had their car wash on Saturday, so of course we had to go get our car washed. Candy puts so much time into making Caprock's color guard good. They just don't know how lucky they are to have her there. I talked to Tricia Saturday and she will be coming hom next Friday. I can't wait. We miss her so much and I know that she's where God wants her, but we pray that someday she will come back and be able to do His work here. Quentin and Eric went to the Harley Party to try to bring mamma a motorcycle home. Well, they had a great time, but no motorcycle. I guess we'll try again next year. After the Harley Party, they went to the races and had a wonderful time. I think the highlight was Eric and Quentin talking to Biscuit. Quentin introduced Eric to Biscuit, and told Biscuit that Eric attends the same church. Quentin said that Biscuit told them that there was a driver that really made him upset and anyone who knows Biscuit knows what a temper he's always had, however instead of going and starting a fight, Biscuit said he just went to his truck and prayed. Wow!!!! What a powerful thing to say to both Quentin and Eric. Especially since I know God has been working on Quentin. For another man to say this to him was just another way that God was talking to him.

Sunday - Quentin, Tyler, Brayden, Sean, and I all went to church. I can't tell you how many times I had tears in my eyes during church today. I know that God is reaching out to me and to Quentin. What a blessing it is just to get Quentin to church. I know that it's been a long time since I have really reached out to God and I know that he is pulling me back to him. I felt God's love around me today in such a powerful way. Tyler and Brayden loved the church. They can't wait to go again. Sean didn't have such a great time, but I think he'll get use to it. We went to eat afterwards with the Giles family and then Tyler Giles came home with us to play with the boys for a little while. They had fun.

I guess it's time for me to do some more laundry and to go to the grocery store. Love to all!!!!

3 comments:

~renay~ said...

We are so blessed to get to share such a great friendship with all of you guys. We all think it is so awesome to see what God is doing in your lives. You are such a wonderful wife, mom & friend. We love you all.

Keri said...

Amanda you are so precious!!! Thank you for your kind words!! :) You are welcome at my home anytime.

Anonymous said...

Good words.