July 31, 2007

Misc.

Randall is the pastor at the church we have been visiting. I spoke with him this afternoon. He was asking what our story was and so went through the whole bit of we've been married almost 10 years and so on and so forth. Anyway, he asked what our religous backgrounds were and I told him I grew up in a Pentecostal Holiness Church and all of Quentin's family was Baptist. As he was laughing he said, "How did you guys ever hook up?" I laughed and said, "We often ask that same thing." Anyway, he was so nice and asked if Quentin and I would like to go to dinner or lunch with him and his wife. (Which by the way I would love to go.) So when Quentin got home, I told him that I talked to Randall and that he wanted to go to dinner or lunch with us. Quentin said that would be okay (YEAH!!!!!) However he also jokingly said that he was going to ask "Preach" what he was doing calling his wife. HA HA HA. I think he might actually go through with the lunch/dinner thing.

Tyler had his first football practice last night and oh my goodness he is so sore today. He was nervous about going back today, but in the same breath he couldn't wait to go. Boys!!!!! Gotta love them.

Brayden went to VBS at church and had a wonderful time. He couldn't wait to sing every song to us and tell us word for word what happened. I'm sure you all were sad to not be here to listen to all of that!! J/K.

I have had a few busy days at work. Both of my guys have been out of the office and I have been swamped. It never fails that when they are out, everything happens. One of them will back tomorrow, and I'm so glad. Work has been a major stress factor in my life lately. I'm learning to deal with it, but I'm ready for a little break. I do know that I'm so lucky to have my job and I couldn't work with better people.

Time to cook dinner, so I've got to run!!!!

1 comments:

~renay~ said...

Too cool....I am so glad that Randall was able to talk to you today and that Quenten was game for going to eat with them. YEAH!!! I hope that with time Tyler isn't as sore as yesterday. It is always so hard to see those boys work out the first few times. Have a great week.