July 22, 2007

Sunday

Quentin and I went to church with Renay and Eric today. Since the day that Renay told me they were changing churches and how much she really liked the new church, I have wanted to go and check the church out. I really feel that this was Gods way of getting me and Quentin to church. It's strange how things work this way. I guess not strange but God working in our lives. We really liked the church and liked the pastor. Even Quentin who has been so against going to church was saying that he could see us going back. There was a family that was leaving the church today. It was a husband, wife, and 3 boys. Quentin said that it would be kind of funny if we started going there now since we also have 3 boys. I just think that God works in ways like this. I have prayed for a long time to find a church home that Quentin would feel comfortable at. He's not into dressing up and this church was so relaxed that he felt somewhat "overdressed." Which we laughed at. What an exciting thing it is for me that he is even considering going back. Thank you Renay for your excited about going to this church. If it wasn't for you we wouldn't have gone. Thanks to Eric for telling Quentin that it was laid back and a good place to go. I know that God put you guys in our lives for a reason and maybe this was it. I've wanted Quentin to go to church for so long and it made me so happy today that he went.

We also had our family birthday lunch today. We had lots of good food and it was good to see everyone. We did miss a few people, but maybe we'll see them soon. I wish they would have been there. We haven't seen them in a while. Tyler, Brayden, and Sean love to play ball with the older guys and I'm glad they older guys will play with them.

1 comments:

~renay~ said...

Thank you so much Amanda for your sweet words....I love you guys and thank God for putting ya'll in our lives. I am so glad that you enjoyed going as much as we do. I look forward to being able to share all of this together. You are a blessing to all that are around you!!